Today was such a gorgeous, sunny spring day, I couldn’t resist but spend time outdoors, just laying in the grass and listening to the birds chirping away as the warm sun shone down on me. After just a few minutes I felt so alive, so nurtured by Mother Nature, and so full of joy. It’s amazing what a little extra vitamin D can do.
Spending just a few moments outdoors each day not only allows us to reap the benefits of sunshine and fresh air, but it allows us to reconnect with the earth as well. The physical and emotional rewards we receive by spending time in nature are almost immediate, while the spiritual rewards are much more subtle, yet extremely potent all the same.Do you ever notice how much calmer, more at peace, and more full of joy you are when you are spending a glorious day out in the sun? Is it possible to bottle up this sensation and tap into it when the day isn’t so sunny, both physically and metaphorically? I believe it is with the help of visualization and meditation.
Here are some steps to help you let the sun shine in whenever you need to feel more joy, peace, and tranquillity:
- Sit upright or stand in a comfortable position.
- Close your eyes and begin to focus on your breath.
- Take 3 deep initial breaths and then begin to form a natural breathing rhythm.
- Visualize yourself in the natural world – a meadow, a garden, flower filled-fields, the woods, at the beach, etc.
- Once you have found your natural setting, see yourself standing in the centre of this location.
- Visualize roots beginning to grow out from the bottom of your feet, penetrating deep into the earth.
- Follow the roots down into the earth until they arrive at a crystal cave with a shimmering pool.
- Visualize your roots wrapping around a large crystal and absorbing the energy.
- Visualize the energy being carried up the roots, up into your feet, up your legs, into your centre, through your arms, up your chest, your throat, your face, all the way to the top of your crown.
- Visualize a warm, golden sun shining above you with its rays radiating into your crown.
- Carry this glowing energy down your face, down your throat, into your heart and chest, into your centre, along your arms, and out to your hands.
- Visualize a glowing crystal shield enveloping your body
- Continue to breathe in the healing and brilliant light
- When you are ready, take 3 deep cleansing breaths, and release the glowing light from your hands into the earth
- Give thanks to Mother Earth and Father Sun for their healing, and loving light.
~ Daniela Masaro